As an airport retail or food service worker, potential sources of exposure can occur while working in an airport store, bar, restaurant, or food concession stand if you are if in close contact with someone with COVID-19 or by touching your mouth, nose, or eyes after handling items used by someone with COVID-19.
- Limit close contact with others by maintaining a distance of at least 6 feet, when possible.
- Minimize handling cash, credit cards, and mobile devices, where possible.
- Practice routine cleaning and disinfection of frequently touched surfaces, such as workstations, cash registers, touch screens, door handles, tables, and countertops, following the directions on the cleaning product’s label.
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. An alcohol-based hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol can be used, but not as a substitute for cleaning hands with soap and water.
- Key times to clean hands in general include:
- Before, during, and after preparing food
- Before eating food
- After using the toilet
- After blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing
- Additional times to clean hands on the job include:
- Before and after work shifts
- Before and after work breaks
- After touching frequently touched surfaces
- After interacting with a customer who is visibly ill
- After putting on, touching, or removing cloth face coverings
- After touching objects that have been handled by customers, such as utensils, menus, cups, and trash
- After touching dirty surfaces like floors, walls and soiled carriers and equipment
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth.